The future of health management and biosecurity is having always-on access to the health data climate of individuals, families, communities, and countries. A whole new era of health awareness and self-management could be possible. Ideally, health data streams would be automatically captured and parsed into a comprehensive tableau of status monitoring and action-taking.
Key health data streams (Figure 1):
- Genome - whole human genome sequence, abnormal tissue sequences (cancer, etc.)
- Phenotype - current status of a wide range of biophysical markers including blood-based organ-secreted proteins prognosticating disease, cholesterol levels, blood pressure, and emotional state
- Diseasome - catalog of cumulative immune system exposures and predicted response to toxins
- Microbiome - microflora bacteria profile (gut, genital, skin, oral, etc.)
- Environmentome - external environment measures including air and water quality, pollen/allergens count